Micro Focus Client for Open Enterprise Server 2 SP4 (IR7a)
Microsoft Windows 10 build 1709 (RS3)
Various symptoms may be observed after upgrading to Windows 10 build 1709 (RedStone 3 / RS3). The most obvious evidence that you are experiencing the problem resolved by this TID is that when you view the "Provider Order" under "Network Connections" (see TID 7000693
), an error message "Failed to get network providers
" appears and the network provider list is not displayed.
Other symptoms include:
- slow login
- slow opening of folders in Windows Explorer
- slow opening of files from Microsoft Office
Manually add and entry for NCFSD as DWORD_32 entry with appropriate data under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\ProviderOrder]
Follow these steps:
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to reinstall Windows to correct them.
1. As an Administrative user, run Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
2. From the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, go to the following key:
3. From the Edit menu, select New > Key
4. Name the new key "ProviderOrder"
5. Select the new "ProviderOrder" key
6. From the Edit menu, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
7. Name the new value "NCFSD" and assign data of "64" hexadecimal (100 decimal)
Example of registry when the problem is being seen:
Registry after modification:
More generally, compare the values under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\ProviderOrder] with the entries in the value "Provider Order" under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order], and ensure that all the values are represented.
When upgrading from earlier Windows versions, Windows 10 1709 (RS3), adds a new registry key. In addition to :
there is now:
Under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\ProviderOrder] the value "NCFSD" is not present
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.