Demonstration of how the application.settings file gets copied from ProgramData to AppData location
This document (7022985) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Reflection Pro 2014
Reflection for IBM 2014
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2014
Reflection for IBM 2011
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011
Reflection Standard Suite 2011
2. Navigate to the C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Micro Focus\Reflection\Desktop\v16.1 folder.
3. Make a copy of the application.settings file and save it as “application.settings.old”.
4. Load the Reflection Workspace.
5. Modify the Trusted Locations under Reflection Workspace Settings / Specify Trusted Locations.
Add two different new lines:
“C:\users\%username\Documents” and set the Subfolders check box.
“C:\users\%username\Downloads” and set the Subfolders check box.
6. Exit the Reflection Workspace.
7. Verify the application.settings file in the C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Micro Focus\Reflection\Desktop\v16.1 folder has the current time and date.
Notice that the application.settings.old file has an older time/date.
8. Copy the application.settings file to C:\ProgramData\Micro Focus\Reflection\Desktop\v16.1 folder.
9. Navigate to the C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Micro Focus\Reflection\Desktop\v16.1 folder.
10. Delete the application.settings file that is located here.
11. Rename the application.settings.old file to application.settings.
Basically putting back the old file that does NOT contain the “C:\users\%username\Downloads” folder.
12. Load the Reflection Workspace.
13. View the Trusted Locations under Reflection Workspace Settings / Specify Trusted Locations.
14. The list should contain:
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7022985
- Creation Date:18-MAY-18
- Modified Date:31-MAY-18
- NovellReflection Desktop
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback