NetIQ Networking and Services [Course 2000]
Ready to learn the basics of Novell products and services?
This course enables entry-level networking professionals to perform common administrative tasks using software tools and utilities provided by Novell. Learn to install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and perform tasks often required of employees who provide front line support for medium-sized to large networks. This course introduces you to the networking solutions that make Novell a world leader in enterprise infrastructure software.
Training Level: 1 - Novice
Duration: 5 Days
During this course, you will learn to use the features and management utilities in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and eDirectory 8.8.
- Install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and the Novell Client
- Set up and manage user objects in Novell eDirectory
- Manage storage and file services
- Implement file and eDirectory rights
- Manage print services
This course covers a variety of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Introduction to Novell networking
- Introduction to Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- Introduction to Novell services
- Understanding Novell eDirectory
- Configuring eDirectory rights
- Managing users
- Introduction to Novell GroupWise 7
- Understanding networking tools and utilities
- Introduction to Novell ZENworks Configuration Management
- Understanding network security
- Introduction to Novell Identiy Manager 3.x
Course Testing Information
For exam objectives and registration, see Objectives - Novell Certified Administrator.
You might also be interested in: