Windows 7 Roaming Profiles fail - user is assigned a temporary profile or fails to log on
This document (7007207) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell ZENworks 11 Configuration Management Policies
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows Vista
Dynamic Local User (DLU)
On the first login, the following error is displayed:
- You have been logged on with a temporary profile.
You cannot access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you log off. To fix this, log off and try logging on later. Please see the event log for details or contact your system administrator.
If the DLU Policy is volatile and not cached or the user logs in to a second machine, the following error is displayed:
- The Group Policy Client service failed the logon.
Access is denied.
- Ensure the Novell Client has the following set
- NetWare Client > Properties > Advanced Login > Allow Roaming User Profile Paths to non-Windows servers = ON
- Refer to the Novell Client documentation, Setting Properties on a Single Workstation after Installation, at http://www.novell.com/documentation/vista_client/vista_client_admin/data/a3llvcg.html#b856y7f
- Ensure that the home directory has been pre-populated with a default profile and the permissions set correctly
- Refer to the Novell Client documentation, Assigning a Roaming Profile Policy that has User Profile Stored on a Windows Share Location to Users on a Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, or Windows 7 Device, at http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_policies/data/bvn7ral.html
- The default user profile should be stored in the user's home directory in a subdirectory named exactly as follows:
Windows NT 6.1 Workstation Profile.V2
- Ensure that any LDAP Proxy users used by ZCM have Read and Compare rights to the user's Home Directory attribute
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7007207
- Creation Date:15-NOV-10
- Modified Date:06-JUL-12
- NovellZENworks Configuration Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback